Saturday, May 31, 2014

Butterfly Card

 This card is for a very special friend. Her and her husband waited 10 years to have a baby and they recently adopted a beautiful baby girl. So to go along with the quilt I made for them I needed to make a cute little baby girl card. Now I have a confession to make, I don't own ANY baby stamps? How did this happen? I am going to have to remedy this as I know quite a few people who have little babies on the way!

Anyway back to the card, I thought up this beauty while I was folding laundry (something I do a lot of here) Pinks and purples are perfect for a little girl and the butterflies are very pretty. I used two-tones on each of the wings, some with two colours, others with 2-step stamping
  • put the ink on your stamp and then do one stamp on a scrap of paper, then
  • place your stamp where you want it,
  • put fresh ink on the second part of the stamp and stamp right away over top of the first. Same colour two different tones!
  • the Stampa-ma-jig makes lining up the placement super easy!

To add some more fun to this card I used dimensionals to make the butterflies "fly" off the page. For added depth I stacked two dimensionals on top of each other to life one up higher off the page.

This card took me a bit longer than usually to make, only because I had to fussy cut the butterflies out after I stamped them. If you were to use a stamp and punch set this card would whip up in a jiffy!

I beautiful card for a beautiful family!

Dee-Lited that you joined me today
Diana