Thursday, May 22, 2014

Neutral Card Guts

This card was made from the "card guts" that my team leader gave us at the meeting. Basically what happens is - as a challenge she gives us all a pack of "card guts", left over pieces of paper that we have to use to make a card or a 3D project. We then bring our creation into the next meeting and are entered into a draw to win all the card gut projects for that night. I think it is a great idea and really gets the creative juices flowing. I can't wait to see what everyone else does with theirs!

I was given, the three neutral pieces of paper (Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla and Early Espresso) and to figure out what I was going to do with them. So I decided to do a spin off of the tree card I showed you earlier this week. I LOVE my circle punches and the colours just spoke to me of a night scene so with my trusty punch I made the half moon and added a "shadow" to it. Then I used my pretty rhinestones to make it look like stars (that's what it looks like to me anyway). It still felt like it needed more so I added a little bit of Early Espresso twine to the top corner. Some dimensionals all over the back and I was done! This is different from other cards I have made as I haven't really tried "shadowing" objects before, what do you think?

An other day is about to begin and being as it is Thursday it is going to be a busy one! I hope you all have a Dee-liteful day - and try to get creative!

Diana