Friday, May 23, 2014

Mini Box of cards

 
 
I was playing around in my craft room this weekend (thank you Sweetie! He took the kids and left me to be for 3 glorious hours!) I made this cute little 3X3 card box and five cards with the new In Colors! Aren't they great!?! I will admit that I didn't love them when I first saw them but now I love how rich the colors are!
 
These five cards were so easy to make and they were the very first 3X3 cards I have done. I wanted to keep them simple and really showcase the colors so I kept everything clean and easy. I decided to try and use my score pad to make some indentations on the card base. It really just added to the overall design and sharp lines of the cards.
 
The box was made with a piece of paper Sahara Sand 5 1/4 by 10" and embellished with some of the new DSP. The stamp is from my new favourite (and go-to) stamp set Work of Art.

The five cards fit perfectly into the box and it would make a great gift for someone (a teacher or friend perhaps?) I am going to be giving these as a Door Prize for my workshop (less than a week to go!)
 
I hope you are as Dee-lited with this little post as I am!
 
Diana