Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Simply Green

 
I have been working on getting cards together for my Welcome Workshop (which is on May 28 if you want to get details check out the Classes tab) and this is one of the projects I have whipped up for us to do. It was super easy and quick but uses a couple of neat techniques.

First off I started with a piece of Pistachio Pudding Paper (In Color 2013-2015) and ran it through the Texture Boutique to get the stripes embossed onto the card (sorry it didn't show up very well, I will try and get a better camera - Don if you are reading, hint, hint :-). Then I used my 2.5" circle punch. I placed the paper on my card and lightly marked with a pencil where the edges of the circle were, so when I placed the stamp (Lovely As A Tree, with Baked Brown Sugar ink) I knew where to place it.
I then cut a piece of Wild Wasabi Grosgrain Ribbon (sadly this is retiring but the new ribbon in the catalogue will help us all to get over the loss) and tied it around the card. I then used dimensionals all over the back to make it lift up off the card front, creating depth and interest. And that was it! As you can see it was a very easy card to make and you could easily add any sentiment you wanted to the inside. The best part - this could be a masculine card - which are SO HARD to find.

It's been a long day so I going to put my feet up and Dee-light in the quiet of the house.

Until tomorrow
Diana