Thursday, May 1, 2014

Scraps


I whipped this card up this afternoon and just had to share it. I used only scarps I had lying in my scrap box (something I like to do every once and a while!)  I love how this card all came together - it was fast and quick and used up little bits of scrap. I actually used my hexagon punch to make the flags (great trick and once I figure out how to post a video I will show you all!) I did you a bow (shocking I know!) and secured it in place a glue dot, I find by putting the glue dot it keeps the bow from coming undone. I also wanted to share this card to show you how you can cover up a mistake.
 
I had originally intended to have the sentiment stamped right on the card but it just didn't look good. I was annoyed because I was happy with the way everything else looked, and of course, I had stuck everything down already. So I pulled up my label punch, stamped the "hi", punched it out, punched the background shade, attached it to the back, used a couple of dimension dots and voila! Covered up my mistake and I like the look even more! This goes to show that mistakes can be a good thing! 

Having a scrap box (I use an old pencil box) right by your work space is a great way to always have a spot to throw those bits of paper that "you just might use again". Once every couple of weeks I go through and only use pieces of scraps to make cards, pages etc.  It is wonderful way to challenge yourself and to also make yourself use up the pieces that you had to save! I also find that it allows me to try out different colours together and I have to get a bit more creative when I don't let myself dip into my bigger pieces.

Try diving into your scarps and see what you can come up with! I am sure it will be Dee-vine!

Diana