Friday, May 30, 2014

Fun Fold Friday

This blogging experience is getting to be a lot of fun! Some were worried (Martha) that I might be trying to do too much by posting every day but really it hasn't been all that bad (spoiler alert: I actually type up a bunch of posts at the same time and then just pick which date I want it to post)

I have decided to start something new!! At least once a month I am going to post Fun Fold Fridays!Can you guess what those posts are going to showcase? Fun Folds! It really is fun to try out different folds and see how you can change up a card just by changing the shape!

 
 I CASEd (Copy And Share Everything) from an other demonstrator, Lillian Kemp. I LOVED the fold!


As you can see this card uses a fair bit of DSP but it makes it so fun and alive! Of course you don't have to cover up all the card base for a kids birthday card, I figured the more colors the better! The stamp set is Cool Kid from the Celebrate the Everyday Catalogue which is pretty well done (tear) but don't worry the new seasonal catalogue is right around the corner, well August.


The best thing about this card? It still fits into a standard envelop! YEAH! 
  • Cut the paper at 8 1/5 by 5 1/2 (you can get two for one!)
  • along the long edge score at 2", 3 1/8", 5 3/8" and 6 1/2"
  • fold the two edges of the two smaller triangle towards the inside of the card
  • add your DSP, then using a hole punch, punch two holes where you would like to add your ribbon, run the ribbon through, tie a bow and ta da!
Well there we go. Our first Fun Fold Friday. I think it was a success don't you?
 
Dee-Litefully Yours,
Diana