Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Make a "new technique"

When I started off with this card I wasn't sure how I was going to like it. But I tried something new and I LOVE it!!!An other masculine card - woo hoo!! I love how the focus of the card is not right smack in the middle have it towards the top of the card just makes it a little bit different and give the whole card a different feel. The DSP is from Flashback - man am I loving this DSP pack!
The new technique that I used was sponging - and I will be honest you are going to see a lot more of it because it is easy and just gives a big punch to the card!
  • take your sponge and dab it into the colour of your choice - here I used Smoky Slate
  • holding the piece of paper in one hand brush the sponge down along the edge of the paper, it gives it this weathered look and adds dimension to the piece
  • remember to use a different sponge for each colour so you don't get your ink pads mixed, or if you don't have enough sponges just use one sponge for each color family.
I put dimensionals on the sentiment and added a couple of pearls at the bottom, but the card just didn't feel done. So I punched out a star from Island Indigo and that was the final touch this card needed.

I hope you try out this technique because it is super fun and easy and just adds more to your simple cards.

Dee-Lited you joined me today
Diana