Friday, August 15, 2014

Fun Fold Friday with a Twist

Fun Fold Friday again but this time with a twist, this isn't really a new fold but it is new idea for making a involved card! Todays card was CASEd from demonstrator Lillian Kemp. It is such a cool card and I am super excited to share it with you all today! This card takes a bit more time and finiky work - just to get the circle punches placed properly. A ruler was my friend for this card!
  • My card base is Pool Party (love the soft feel of this colour!) Whisper white background cut at 5 3/8 X 4 1/8, then Flashback DSP (again I know!) 5 1/4 X 4, stick all these layers onto the front of the card
  • You will now want to use your ruler to figure out how far down you want the circles to be - this is all personal choice then punch out using your 1 3/8" circle
  • Also punch out three additional 1 3/8' circles of Pool Party
  • on Whisper White I stamped my Dinoroar stamp set (again retired sorry but my little Evan loves Dinos and I know a lot of other kids that do too!) but Little Buddy Birthday is works great too (page 89 Annual catalogue)
  • once you have them stamped punch them out with your 1 1/4" circle punch and stick them on the 1 3/8" Pool Party pieces
  • to place the dinos in the correct spot on the inside of the card I closed the card and placed a pencil mark where my circles were then I stuck the stamped image on that mark
  • make a flag with your sentiment on it and add a few candy dots and you are done!
This card did take a bit more time than usually (and by a bit more time I mean about 5-10 more minutes) but it was completely worth it!

Dee-Litefully Yours,
Diana
Diana