Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Flower "Peacock" Stamp Art

I saw a picture of a peacock stamp art using the Flower Patch stamp set and I just had to try it!! I LOVED how it looked. I wasn't to sure how it was going to turn out but I have to say I really really really love this card! It is so pretty and elegant. This card is different size than I have ever used before, it is 4 1/2 X 4 1/2 because I wanted to have a square centre to work with.

The trick for this type of card is the Stamp-a-ma-jig! I must have for stamp art!! It lets you get the perfect placement and keeps everything lined up. The other tip that is very important - stamp off! You don't want the background to be to dark or else you won't see the detail - in this case the "feathers" in the wings. You will also notice that there are "specks" on the back wings - and that actually started out as a boo-boo but I made it work for me. I had my stamp-a-ma-jig plastic turned the wrong way when I first placed it down so some of the ink "rubbed off" so I made it work and put a bit on each wing - I think it just adds some more dimension to the feathers.

I will admit this card took longer than my usually fast cards, but every once in a while you just have to make something different and spend a little more time getting a beautiful card that you are proud of!

DeeLitefully Yours,
Diana