Monday, June 16, 2014

Awning Card

This card took a little more time to do but I love how cute it looks! I tried a new technique with this one and I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. This would have to be a birthday card for a little girl I think - it is very pink!
  • So Saffron card base
  • Blushing Bride 5 1/4 X 4
  • the "awning" is cute 4 1/2 X 3 3/4, watching the direction of your design score 1/2 on the bottom and 1" from the top
  • Sahara Sand is cut 3 1/4 X 2 1/2
  • Whisper White 3 1/8 X 2 3/8
  • For the stamp set instead of stamping like I normally do, I used the Stamp Write markers and coloured the different sections of the stamp - a trick: when you have all the colours on give the stamp a few puffy of air to "wet" the ink again then stamp and your image will appear sharper.
  • added some two-way glue and some glitter and I was done
A new technique used and I gotta say I am happy with the results. It did take longer but if you aren't in a rush why not give it a try?

Dee-Litefully Yours,
Diana