Monday, July 7, 2014

Shades of Purple

I am really loving the look of one colour cards and with Stampin Up using colour families is so easy! I have made a few different cards in different colour families and wanted to do one in purple but I wanted to do it differently. I bought the Flag stamp set and punch during the Sale-a-bration and haven't really used it yet, so I pulled it out and decided to have a go with it! The background is Perfect Plum, and the stamps and flags are; (from left to right) Elegant Eggplant, Rich Razzleberry and Blackberry Bliss.

I got the flags stamped, punched and cut out and added the Rich Razzleberry Ribbon but the card felt "empty". I hadn't used bakers twine in a while so I grabbed it and thought "hey you haven't used a button in a long time either" Got out my button, wrapped my twine, fought with getting the twine through the button hole. Fought again with tying the bow (one day this will come easy to me!) Once it was on it added the perfect touch!

Dee-Litefully Yours,
Diana