Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Canada Eh?

Happy Canada Day!!
 
July 1 always feels like the real start of summer to me. And with the start of July I have for you my calendar page. This was taken last year in Winnipeg with me and my boys at Assiniboine Park. The huge maple leaf was just asking for a photo op - I had the picture snapped by my camera gal - Martha - and knew I was going to be using it for my calendar. July just needed to have red, so working out of my comfort zone I used red as my background. The white dots tied in nicely with the Canada theme and of course I needed to add a bit of pop so I put the yellow as an accent colour. Once I had it all glued down, I felt the page needed something more, so I started digging in my supplies and found a few pieces of red ribbon - wrapped those around and it did just the trick! I will be honest with you all, I don't always thing through my pages, a lot of the times I start with a picture and one colour in mind and then I just play around with different ideas until it all starts to feel "right" So when you start a scrapbook page (or card) don't be so concerned with the end result - start small and see where your imagination takes you!
 
Have a Dee-Liteful Canada - we are off to celebrate!
Diana